A level (2015) Economics A
The GCE A level (2015) Economics A specification was accredited in August.
Since then we’ve been introducing the specification and sample assessment materials to teachers at launch events around the country.
Have a look at the Economics A qualification page to see more about:
- the AS specification
- the A level specification
- AS sample assessment materials (the first AS exams will be in the summer 2016 exam series)
- A level sample assessment materials (the first A level exams will be in the summer 2017 exam series)
- copies of the launch event slides.
Have a look in the course materials section of the the Economics A qualification page to see:
- a Getting Started guide (guidance on how to approach the specification)
- a mapping document (from the 2008 Edexcel, AQA and OCR specifications to the new 2015 specification)
an editable course planner (which broadly follows the order in which content is set out in the specification and is designed to support those planning to co-teach AS and A level)
- an editable integrated course planner (a possible approach for those not intending to co-teach the AS level qualification)
- an editable scheme of work (which includes suggested resources, activities and teaching points)
- Options evening support materials (including an editable leaflet for students and a Powerpoint presentation for you to use).
Still to come in 2015 and 2016:
- A Getting Ready To Teach events in Spring 2015
- Exemplar student work and examiner commentaries based on the sample assessment materials
- Extra assessment materials for A level to use in mocks
- Training on how to mark mocks in the year before the first live exams to help you feel confident in applying the mark schemes.
If you're starting to think about collecting resources ready for next September, this activity around Adam Smith, an animation and a pencil is relevant to the new specification but could be of interest now.