RQF BTEC Higher Nationals Training
This update is to inform you of Spring term training that is available for RQF Higher Nationals in Applied Sciences.
Details of events are provided in the table below and you can register your place from our training page.
|Date||RQF Higher Nationals training|
|08 February 2023 at 08:00 - 10:30 GMT||
Introduction to teaching and assessing the RQF Higher Nationals in Applied Sciences
Description: New to delivering BTEC Higher Nationals (RQF)? This online event is suitable for Program Managers, Internal Verifiers, Assessors, Tutors, Heads of Department, Quality Nominees, Centre Managers, working in centres offering BTEC Higher Nationals in Applied Sciences.
At this event delegates will gain support and guidance in planning, implementation, delivery, and assessment.
The session will:
• Explore the content and structures for the Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Applied Sciences
• Discuss delivery and assessment planning
• Consider a holistic approach to assessment
• Introduce the new Pearson-set units
• Explore the new Quality Assurance Model
• Discuss support available to tutors and centres
• Consider appropriate approaches to delivery
• Provide the opportunity for Q&A with a subject specialist.
|21 February 2023 at 16:00 - 17:00 GMT||
Supporting level 3 centres transition to the BTEC Higher Nationals
Description: Are you a UK or International Centre interested in the progression options for your students post level 3? This interactive online session will explore the journey from level 3 to the Higher Nationals.
Aimed at tutors and progression advisors, the focus of this session is to illustrate the support available for tutors and students, discuss the benefits of an occupationally focused HE experience and, most importantly, we want to hear from you; how has the experience been for you and your students?
What barriers exist to progression? What further support and resources do you need?
This 1-hour session will cover: Potential progression routes for students Types of learning experience a student could have Higher Nationals support available including the HN Global digital platform, training and tutor resources
Open discussion – centres will be encouraged to share good practice, discuss support needed and identify any barriers to progression.
|15 March 2023 at 10:00 - 12:30 GMT||
Assessment Planning and Assignment Writing for Applied Science RQF BTEC Higher Nationals
Description: This online event should be attended by Program Managers, Internal Verifiers, Assessors, Tutors, Heads of Department, Quality Nominees, Centre Managers and HN BTEC subject practitioners who are preparing for Assignment Writing (RQF).
Online events are a great way to train the whole department, you can do this by simply projecting the session onto a whiteboard rather than placing multiple bookings.
This online session will:
- Help delegates understand the principles and ethos of assignments for the new Pearson RQF BTEC Higher Nationals
|16 March 2023 at 10:00 - 16:00 GMT||
Grading Standardisation Workshop for BTEC Higher Nationals Applied Sciences (RQF)
Description: Want to get a better understanding of grading student work? Aimed at both UK and International centres, this Interactive online workshop is for all those involved in the following aspects of Higher Nationals in Applied Sciences delivery: Internal verification (assignment brief), marking and grading of student work, and internal verification (assessment decisions).
Being delivered by one of our experienced trainers, during this highly interactive workshop delegates in small groups will:
• Examine the effectiveness of a historic assignment brief,
• Practically engage with the internal verification (assignment brief) process and the evidence of internal verification
• Review the accuracy of the marking and grading for two student assignments from a pre-selected unit disclosed in point 1
• Discuss the assessor feedback for the two pieces of student work
• Evaluate the internal verification (assessment decisions) process for student work.
• Conclude with a general Q&A based on any other questions that delegates may have regarding HN RQFs.