T Level May 2021 Update
Welcome to your May E-Bulletin.
Summer 2021 Assessment
We have been communicating to 2020 Providers with regards to the summer 2021 adaptations for the Core Component assessment.
As you know, the DfE have confirmed T Level students will have the option to receive a Teacher Assessed Grade (TAG) for the Core Component this summer.
We have a dedicated T Levels TAG Guidance for Summer 2021 webpage.
Support materials are located on our Course Materials webpage.
*Please note we have updated the Mark Scheme for Topic Test 2. Please ensure you are using Version 2. A link to the updated PDF can be found here: Topic Test 2 Mark scheme.
The TAG support materials are made up of:
- Specimen Assessment Materials*
- Core Componennt exams:
- A range of topic tests and march schemes
- Grade description supported by performance indicators A, C and E grade
- Guidance on grading
- Worked examples if grading
*please note: our SAMs, AdSAMs and other TAG support materials have recently undergone some minor amendments, therefore please ensure you are using the most up to date versions published on 7 May 2021.
Wave 1 T Level Contracts - Construction and Digital
For those of you planning delivery for September 2021 we recently delivered Getting to Know the specification events for both Construction and Digital. These will now be followed by:
- Getting Started
- Getting Ready to Assess
- Planning the programme Part A: 21 June 2021, 10:00-12:00
- Getting to know the core content Part B: 22 June 2021, 10:00-12:00
- Getting to know the occupational specialism Part C: 23 June 2021, 10:00-12:00
- Planning for external assessments Part D: 24 June 2021, 10:00- 12:00
Getting ready to assess
- Core Exam: 28 June 2021, 10:00-11:30
- Employer Set Project: 29 June 2021, 10:00-11:30
- Occupational Specialisms 30 June 2021, 10:00-11:30
Getting ready to assess
- Core exams: 29 June 2021, 16:00-18:00
- Employer set task: 30 June 2021, 16:00-17:30
- Occupational specialism: 1 July 2021, 16:00-17:00
For Providers commencing delivery in September 2021 the approval window opened on the 1 April and will close on the 31 July 2021. You must gain approval for each Technical Qualification you wish to deliver. To support you, a short Provider Approval video can be found in our Engagement Hub. Please watch this first before starting your application process.
All the supporting documents and approval forms can be found in the Course Materials tab, this includes.
- A Guide to Provider Approval
- Guidance Document Pearson Vocational Provider Approval Application for T Level Technical Qualifications
- Pearson T Level Technical Qualification Delivery Approval Application Form
- Pearson Vocational Provider Approval Application for T Level Technical Qualifications
If you have any questions about Provider Approval please contact us via the service portal.
Do not forget, if you need to contact us about T Levels you can do so by the following.
The Pearson Support Portal is an online tool you can use to raise your query and track its progress. We'll inform you once a member of the team has a reply for you.
All the best,
The Pearson T Levels Team