T Level December 2019 Update
Welcome to our December T Levels E-bulletin.
Since our last Provider Webinar events in October, we have been progressing the work on the development of the Technical Qualification for both the:
- Construction Design Surveying and Planning T Level
- Digital Production, Design and Development T Level
We’re pleased to say that we’re submitting for Milestone 3, our final submission on 06 January 2020. At this point, we will be submitting all materials to the IfATE for review.
Coming soon: provider webinar
To give you a sight of what the TQs now look like and support your planning, we will be delivering a further Provider Webinar for each.
These will take place on:
- Digital Production, Design and Development T Level 15.00hrs 22nd January 2020
- Construction Design Surveying and Planning T Level 15.00hrs 23rd January 2020
What will you learn?
Each webinar will last for an hour and give you some insight on the following:
- Content for Core & Occupational Specialism/s
- Assessment for the Occupational Specialism/s
- Assessment for Employer Set Project
- Sample questions for Core assessments
You will have the opportunity to post questions ahead of the event, plus ask questions at the end of the session.
Who should attend?
- 2020 and 2021 tutors for the Construction Design Surveying and Planning T Level or Digital Production, Design and Development T Level.
- Tutors or Senior Leaders considering delivering the Construction Design Surveying and Planning T Level or Digital Production, Design and Development T Level in the future.
What else took place over the autumn?
In mid-November, we hosted a Provider Panel in our offices at 80 Strand. At this meeting, we talked about the assessments, what you thought would benefit students, and how you would manage them during the assessment window. Thank you to all those who attended, we really appreciate you giving up your time to help and support us on our T Level journey.
We hosted further Employer Validation Panel meetings with our employers who are working with us on the specification and assessment materials. This work has impacted the content, terminology and assessments, making sure the TQ reflects industry practice.
We also started to commission writers to develop our support offer for the Technical Qualification. This will be undertaken in two phases, with the first phase focusing on the Core Component. We hope to be able to have draft materials complete by March 2020 in order to support your planning for September.
What happens next?
After we submit materials to the IfATE in January work will stop on the development of the TQ. We then wait until mid-February to find out if IfATE has approved the qualification; with the understanding that (if approved) materials will be released to Providers in March.
However, that doesn’t mean we stop working on other aspects of the contract.
One of the first things we’ll start doing in the New Year is the development of AdSAMS so that you have two sample assessments to use with your students. For the Core Examinations, this work will also support the functionality of Exam Wizard.
We will also begin the planning of our Getting Ready to Teach events that will take place during the spring and summer terms.
Enjoy your festive break,
The Pearson T Levels Team