Pearson in Partnership with Dynamic Training
Dynamic Training is an apprenticeship training provider for the Health, Adult Care, Education and Business sectors. Dynamic for the past 5 years has been working in partnership with supported employment services and employers to deliver apprenticeships to individuals with learning disabilities and/or autism.
We have successfully delivered apprenticeships in childcare, support in teaching and learning, business and administration and adult care to name a few. The successful partnership has shown, with a supported model of delivery, how inclusive apprenticeships should be.
Dynamic have gained experience of:
- how to access the funding available to support inclusivity
- the flexibilities around math’s and English Functional Skills for those individuals with learning disabilities and/or autism
- the reasonable adjustments that can be made to support the individuals, employers, the apprenticeship provider and end point assessment organisations.
Dynamic are now being approached by employers to help with recruiting individuals onto apprenticeships with these protected characteristics.
More and more employers are working with providers to enable opportunities for this underrepresented workforce. Not only do apprenticeships provide employment, but also an opportunity to really develop specialism or technical skills to enable an individual to progress within their chosen career. There is some amazing work being undertaken across the country, however, to truly be able to offer individuals a choice – all apprenticeship providers need to know about the flexibilities/reasonable adjustments and funding for example:
- Completion time for the programme can be extended to allow additional time to demonstrate competency – doubled if necessary.
- Funding for increased support.
- Part time apprenticeship – required to recognise and meet the needs of some individuals with more complex needs.
- In work support from either a person in the form of a job coach or any equipment as required.
- Adaptions to working environments and working structures.
- Equipment to enable apprentices to do their work.
- Adaptations made to the teaching delivery and or pace of taught sessions or technology used.
On behalf of the Education Training Foundation, Dynamic is one of the employer spokes from the 3 SEND Centre’s of Excellence. Dynamic will be running two webinars in November 2021 to showcase and share experiences of delivering inclusive apprenticeships. The first webinar is for supported internships/apprenticeship providers and anyone who wishes to learn more and the second one is for employers/stakeholders. Please feel free to share this opportunity to learn more across your networks.
17 November | 12-1pm – Webinar
For apprenticeship training providers and supported internship providers who are keen to enable progression opportunities into apprenticeships for their interns.
During the webinar, speakers will provide insight into topics such as reasonable adjustments and the supported model of apprenticeship delivery. You will also find out about available funding to support individuals undertaking their apprenticeships and hear from guest speakers as to how they are ensuring apprenticeship opportunities for individuals with learning disabilities/difficulties and/or Autism.
To book your place, click below to be redirected to the Education and Training Foundation website, where you can access the booking system:
24 November | 12-1pm – Employer Webinar
A webinar focusing on the employer perspective and how as an employer, you can ensure your apprenticeship opportunities are inclusive for individuals with learning disabilities/difficulties and/or Autism.
During the webinar:
- Hear from employers about how they have ensured inclusive apprenticeship opportunities,
- Hear from a local authority engaging with employers
- Find out about the support and funding available to you as an employer
- Hear from apprentices about how their employer has supported them.
To book your place, please click below to be redirected to the Education and Training Foundation website, where you can access the booking system: