This year some BTEC Higher National students may find that they need to transfer to a new college part way through their course. Here, we explain why and what to do about it.

Read more

If you've been informed that you need to transfer to a new college, this is likely to be because your original college has lost its HEFCE designation, meaning that it's no longer able to apply for funding to cover tuition costs.

What do I need to do?
  • Search the internet to find colleges currently offering your qualification or email to get a list of private colleges currently approved by Pearson.

  • Contact colleges in your area to see if they are able to help you complete your qualification.

  • Check with the college that its courses are eligible for tuition funding, and that you meet the entry criteria.
How do I contact a college?

You can look at their website, call them or visit them in person. The college will tell you what to do next. 

What do I need to check?

You should visit the college to find out more about it and make sure it's the right place for you.

You also need to check that:

  • you meet the entry criteria of the college (you will need to go through their application process)

  • the course the college offers is currently eligible for funding for new students.

The college should be able to help you and tell you how to apply.

Contact us for more information