International Advanced Level About Edexcel International Advanced Level Mathematics
About Edexcel International Advanced Level Mathematics
We’ve redeveloped our AS/A level in Mathematics for international centres, with the new title Edexcel International AS/Advanced Level in Mathematics. Examination series are available in January, June and October.
We’ve made some changes to the specification to offer fewer units and more synoptic assessment opportunities, reducing the assessment burden on centres.
What are the changes to the International Advanced Level in Mathematics specification?
- The Core units have been combined to give more flexibility to arrange your teaching topics.
C1 and C2 have been combined to create one unit.
C3 and C4 have been combined to create one unit.
- Further Pure Mathematics 1 has been updated with some new content.
- Application units available include:
- Statistics 1, 2, and 3
- Mechanics 1, 2 and 3
- Decision Mathematics 1.
- Further Pure Mathematics units available are Further Pure Mathematics 1, 2 and 3.
Edexcel International Advanced Level qualifications are not available to centres in the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, or British Armed Forces schools based overseas.
- Flexible, modular structure
- January, June and October examinations to support students wishing to progress to local and international universities
- Retains the same content and structure as the Edexcel A level in Mathematics, making it manageable for teachers and students.
- AS levels can be taken as a stand-alone qualification or used as a stage on the way to completing an Advanced Level. AS represents 50% of an Advanced Level
- 100% external assessment with no coursework
- Written to the same rigorous standards as all Edexcel qualifications
- Regulated by Pearson
- Three different awards available: AS/Advanced Level Mathematics, Further Mathematics or Pure Mathematics
- Offers progression from International GCSE and GCSE Mathematics.
Sign up to teach
If you’re interested in offering Edexcel International Advanced Level Mathematics, sign up here.