International Advanced Level Business Studies
About Edexcel International Advanced Level Business Studies
Our International AS/Advanced Level in Business Studies is the new name for the international Edexcel AS/A level, for first assessment in January 2014. Examination series are available in January, June and October.
The Edexcel International AS/Advanced Level Business Studies syllabus, regulated by Pearson, builds on the knowledge and skills developed from Edexcel International GCSE Business Studies and other GCSE programmes of study, encouraging creative thinking and problem-solving. A GCSE qualification in Business Studies is not a prerequisite for study of the subject at Advanced Level.
Edexcel International Advanced Level qualifications are not available to centres in the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, or British Armed Forces schools based overseas.
- Flexible, modular structure
- January, June and October examinations to support students wishing to progress to local and international universities
- AS levels can be taken as a stand-alone qualification or used as a stage on the way to completing an Advanced Level. AS represents 50% of an Advanced Level
- 100% external assessment with no coursework
- The specification can be delivered in an international context to fully equip the international learner
- Written to the same rigorous standards as all Edexcel qualifications
- Regulated by Pearson
- Offers progression from International GCSE Business Studies.
Sign up to teach
If you’re interested in offering Edexcel International Advanced Level Business Studies, sign up here.