Edexcel GCSE Urdu (2009)
Here, you'll find everything you need to study for or to teach the Edexcel GCSE in Urdu, including key documents and the latest news.
Students of our Edexcel GCSE in Urdu will learn to speak, listen, read, write and communicate effectively in Urdu, as well as develop their awareness and understanding of countries and communities where Urdu is spoken.
- Qualification type:
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Level 1/2
- Accreditation status:
- Specification codes:
GCSE (Short Course) in Urdu: Spoken Language (3UR0S)
GCSE (Short Course) in Urdu: Written Language (3UR0W)
- UK and international
- First teaching:
- First assessment:
Why choose this specification?
Our Edexcel GCSE in Urdu enables students to develop an understanding of the language in a variety of contexts, the ability to communicate effectively in Urdu, and knowledge of Urdu vocabulary and structures, as well as transferable language learning skills.
Key features of our Edexcel GCSE in Urdu:
- More choice and control over what you teach and assess
- Potential for different pathways through the specification: general, applied, mixed or centre-devised
- 'Two skills' GCSE short course option, offering flexibility for all levels of learning
- Logical progression route from Key Stage 3, preparing students for A level Urdu.