Pearson Edexcel GCSEs Sciences (2016)
Summer 2021 exam support
In August 2020 Ofqual confirmed there will be changes to the 2021 examination series due to the impact coronavirus has had on students’ education. Here you’ll find the information you need to help you understand the changes to GCSE (9-1) Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Combined Science.
Ofqual has confirmed that the changes for the 2021 series will be to permit observation of demonstrations and/or simulations to cover required practical apparatus and techniques. We will provide details of exactly what this means for our core practical activities. It is important to note that this does not impact on the specification content or the nature of examination papers, both of which remain unchanged.
We will be supporting you and your students every step of the way with the 2021 examination series. To help guide you through the changes we have produced:
We are also working really hard to provide you with new catch up support as soon as possible. The following will be coming soon (links to the support will be listed below as it becomes available and we will let you know when further information is added):
- Back to School and online collaborative network events – including support on catching up year 11 and transition support from KS3 to KS4.
- Diagnostic snapshot (topic tests) in collaboration with Tassomai
- Baseline tests for KS3 and KS4 that you can use with your students
- Mastery schemes of work for year 11: a huge amount of resources, including subject journeys through science from year 7 to year 11, a mastery guide taking you through how it all works, and detailed mastery schemes for year 11 already available (years 7-10 coming soon!)
- Mastery progression links from year 11 to year 10 to look back at content that students may have missed during year 10.
- Revision guides including ‘Catch-up 2020 revision packs
- Mocks Service: let us look after your mock marking, and give you all the rich analysis as part of the service. Have a look at our newly launched mocks service!
- We are in the process of making videos for ALL the core practicals for GCSE Separate and Combined Science courses. These will start to become available from October half term and will be released as they are completed. Essential viewing if you are unable to carry out the practicals in your centres this year. Also, a great for revision resource as you approach the 2021 exams.
- Access recordings of our live lessons across Biology, Chemistry and Physics content to use alongside revision, or possible catchup support.
We also have our existing supporting materials to help you with your planning and assessment needs:
- Examwizard: use these to select specific questions you’d like to practice with your students, or create topic tests for longer checks
- Results plus
- Mock papers: two sets of mock papers you can use with your students
- Past papers and examiner reports
For more information about how to Switch to Pearson Edexcel Qual and subject please visit our support page.