Edexcel GCSE Physical Education (2009)
Here, you'll find everything you need to study for or to teach the Edexcel GCSE in Physical Education, including key documents and the latest news.
Students of our Edexcel GCSE in Physical Education will look at the relationship between culture and PE, engage in a range of activities as participant, leader and official, and develop and maintain their own physical activity as part of a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Qualification type:
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Level 1/2
- Accreditation status:
- Physical Education
- Specification codes:
- UK and international
- First teaching:
- First assessment:
Why choose this specification?
Our Edexcel GCSE in Physical Education helps students develop knowledge and practical skills in a range of physical activities, examining the effects of exercise and training to improve performance, and appreciating the benefits of promoting ‘sport for all’.
Key features of our Edexcel GCSE in Physical Education:
- Developed to meet the needs and expectations of centres
- Wide choice of roles and activities, giving students the flexibility to be leaders/officials as well as players
- 60% coursework to give the course a practical focus
- Accessible exam papers with a choice of questions, including multiple choice, short and long answers
- Short course available, offering flexibility and choice for centres and students.