Edexcel GCSE Music (2009)
This qualification has no more assessment opportunities.
- Music (2016) qualification page.
Why choose this specification?
Our Edexcel GCSE in Music covers a wide range of areas to widen students’ engagement with the subject as a whole. The specification encourages diverse approaches to teaching the subject, as well as students’ evaluation of their own and others’ music.
Key features of our Edexcel GCSE in Music:
- Set works will remain in place for the life of the specification, so there’s no need to keep buying new resources
- Allows the use of music technology in performance and as a compositional tool, exposing students to new ways of making music
- Separate assessments for performance, composing and listening/appraising
- Reduced written work and an emphasis on practical ability.