Take a look at the recording of the live GCSE (9-1) Mathematics webinar: summer 2017 exams review, with Graham Cumming. This event took place on 31 October 2017.
Edexcel GCSE Mathematics (9-1) from 2015
Training and events
Our events programme will help you deliver the new GCSE in Mathematics with confidence.
We run a number of GCSE (9-1) Mathematics events every term, including our free collaborative network events. You can visit our training page and book onto the events of your choice.
Pearson Head of Mathematics conferences, January 2018
We're delighted to announce that we're running five one-day Head of Mathematics conferences in January and February 2018.
These one-day conferences will give delegates the opportunity to get up to date with all the qualifications in our maths portfolio and will include:
- feedback on the GCSE (9-1) Mathematics mocks and autumn papers
- looking at how to support low attainers
- support with short, medium and long-term planning using the Interactive Scheme of Work across 11-19
- updates on our new Entry Level Certificate in Maths, GCSE Statistics and the Edexcel Awards
- a tour of the new Maths Emporium
- KS5 updates on A level Mathematics, A level Statistics, Core Maths and AEA Maths.
These events will take place in London, Darlington, Taunton, Manchester and Birmingham. The cost is £36 (incl VAT) per person and lunch is included.
You can book your place by visiting our training page. Each course counts as 5 hours of CPD.
Live webinar - GCSE (9-1) Mathematics Summer 2017 exams review
Graham Cumming, from the Pearson Maths team, held a live webinar on Tuesday 31st October to share the findings from the performance of over 350,000 students in the summer 2017 GCSE (9-1) Mathematics exam series.
During the webinar Graham:
- shared analysis of the data gathered from the summer exams
- looked at the different types of questions on the papers
- identified questions that highlighted students' weaknesses
- identified questions that highlighted students' strengths.
GCSE (9-1) Mathematics Summer 2017 Feedback
Available to view online, these free recordings, provide feedback on the GCSE (9-1) Mathematics summer 2017 exam series. Ideal to use in departmental meetings, these recordings allow the host, a senior examiner in the GCSE Mathematics team to:
- explore the national performance of candidates in the summer 2017 series
- consider variations in performance between different questions
- discuss Examiner's Reports and general comments arising from students performance
- take delegates through selected questions, explaining the requirements for the awarding of marks as outlined in the mark scheme, followed by marking of candidate responses and an exploration of the commentary provided by principal examiners.
Mocks Marking training events
Mock exams will be key to gaining a snapshot of how students are performing during new, linear GCSE (9-1) Mathematics courses. Our Mocks Marking training events will help you apply the new mark schemes, so you can be confident you’re getting a clear picture of your students’ achievements.
This pre-recorded training is an introduction to our online and face-to-face Mocks Marking Training events.
It will give you an overview of:
- the assessment requirements of the new specification
- the new types of questions that exist within the revised papers
- how mark schemes are developed to match the question asked
- some sample student responses to questions
- how we can support you in marking your students' work.
If you were unable to attend one of our Mocks Marking training events, you can ask your exams officer to download the training content for both Foundation and Higher tier via Edexcel Online.