Edexcel GCSE Manufacturing (2009)
Here, you'll find everything you need to study for or to teach the Edexcel GCSE in Manufacturing, including key documents and the latest news.
Students of our Edexcel GCSE in Manufacturing will learn the skills and processes required to design and manufacture products, looking at emerging technologies, sustainable development, and the sector’s contribution to society and the economy.
- Qualification type:
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Level 1/2
- Accreditation status:
- Specification codes:
- UK and international
- First teaching:
- First assessment:
- Final assessment:
- Summer 2018
Why choose this specification?
Our Edexcel GCSE in Manufacturing engages students in a range of manufacturing processes, giving them the opportunity to develop a range of transferable skills that will form a foundation for future learning and progression.
Key features of our Edexcel GCSE in Manufacturing:
- Core content has been retained, so you can make use of existing resources
- Flexible specification - choose from a range of sectors, or focus on just one
- Portfolio work counts for 60% of marks, so students can focus on their interests
- Wider choice of manufacturing sectors, including printing and textiles
- Clearer assessment and marking grids to make assessment decisions easier.
Visit the manufacturing teacher community