Edexcel GCSE Japanese (2009)
Here, you'll find everything you need to study for or to teach the Edexcel GCSE in Japanese, including key documents and the latest news.
Students of our Edexcel GCSE in Japanese will learn to speak, listen, read, write and communicate effectively in Japanese, as well as develop awareness and understanding of countries and communities where Japanese is spoken.
- Qualification type:
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Level 1/2
- Accreditation status:
- Specification codes:
GCSE (Short Course) in Japanese: Spoken Language (3JA0S)
GCSE (Short Course) in Japanese: Written Language (3JA0W)
- UK and international
- First teaching:
- First assessment:
Why choose this specification?
Our Edexcel GCSE in Japanese enables students to develop an understanding of the language in a variety of contexts, the ability to communicate effectively in Japanese, and knowledge of Japanese vocabulary and structures, as well as transferable language learning skills.
Key features of our Edexcel GCSE in Japanese:
- A single tier of entry with assessments graded from G to A*
- 100% Edexcel-marked
- Choice of speaking and writing themes, so students can focus on topics that interest them
- 'Two skills' GCSE short courses available, offering flexibility for all levels of learning
- Prepares students for studying A level Japanese.