Edexcel GCSE Geography A (2016)
Training and events
Join our geography team at free events taking place across the country and online.
GCSE Geography A Mocks Marking Training Events – New
Mock exams will be key to gaining a snapshot of how students are performing during the new qualification. Our GCSE Geography A Mocks Marking Training events will help you apply the new mark schemes, so you can be confident you’re getting a clear picture of their achievement.
This pre-recorded training is an introduction to our online and face to face Mocks Marking Training events and it will:
- highlight the assessment requirements of the new GCSE Geography A specification
- explore the paper structure and new types of questions
- review student responses to questions and explain how to apply the mark scheme.
GCSE Geography Network Events
During 2017, our GCSE Geography A and B network events focused on:
- reviewing your initial teaching of the course and looking forward
- understanding the assessment requirements including the extended response questions
- delivering excellent fieldwork and preparing students for the new fieldwork assessment.
You can now download the network event pack, including examiner marked student responses to the sample assessment materials, below.