Edexcel GCSE English Literature (2010)
This qualification has no more assessment opportunities.
- English Literature (2015) qualification page.
Why choose this specification?
Our Edexcel GCSE in English Literature has been designed to motivate students of all abilities, with a selection of new and familiar texts so you can choose the type of reading that will inspire them the most. Our GCSE English Literature specification helps students to reach their full potential with accessible exam papers and controlled assessment tasks, and detailed schemes of work that you can adapt to suit you and your learners.
Key benefits of the Edexcel GCSE in English Literature:
- Four-part question with a clear framework that will remain unchanged from series to series, and that’s proven to enable students of all abilities
- Option to use the same Different Cultures text so you can share resources and training with GCSE English Unit 2 and GCSE English Language Unit 2
- Digital resources to enhance your poetry teaching, including video, audio readings, images, grade improvement activities and worksheets
- Free choice of Shakespeare and Contemporary Drama texts so you can use current resources or try something new
- Free digital Poetry Anthology to support the English and English Literature specifications.
Free teaching resources
We've teamed up with Teachit to build special banks of material matched to our GCSE English, English Language and English Literature specifications. These resources have been written specifically to support:
- non-fiction texts - whether digital or paper
- new Different Cultures texts
- spoken language study in our specifications.