Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9 –1) English Language post-16 resits
Delivering GCSE (9-1) English Language
We’ll offer you support at every stage in order to ensure you’re able to plan and implement the GCSE (9-1) English Language specification successfully.
Here you’ll find useful information to help you with the specification, from designing your curriculum to tracking learner progress.
We believe your students’ success can be found in what you do every day to help develop their understanding, nurture their confidence and expose them to the English language. And we’ll do everything we can to support you in doing that.
Take a look at the documents that will be available:
Designing your curriculum
- Free schemes of work and one-year course planners designed specifically for delivery of the GCSE over one year as a post-16 resit.
- A Getting Started Guide to provide guidance around teaching and learning.
Teaching and learning
- Initial baseline diagnostic tests, sample assessment materials and specimen papers to help with exam practice.
- In-depth analysis of students’ results, and diagnostic tests and tools with ResultsPlus for understanding your students and developing learning plans.
- New mock marking training, and additional mock papers each year for the first few years of the specification.
- Revision aids designed for students to use at home or in-class.
- Our free English Language Unseen Preparation Anthology provides exemplar texts.
These documents will be added as they become available – please bookmark this page and check back if you can't find what you're looking for.
Tracking learner progress
- The Pearson Progression Scale and Map represent our view of how learning progresses in English, and how understanding and skills build upon each other. These tools give you richer insight into student performance in a way that is easy to understand and is reliable.
- ActiveLearn Digital service maps ability level to tiered topics for progression tracking.
- Additional assessment materials such as secure mock papers, complete with mark schemes, that you can use with your students towards the end of the course, helping to target content and skill areas for improvement ahead of final assessment.
Make sure you hear about the latest support that's available by signing up for our GCSE English Language email updates .