Entry Level Certificate English
Here, you'll find everything you need to study for or to teach our Edexcel Entry Level Certificate in English, including key documents, the latest news, and details of how to access free support when you need it from our team of experts.
Entry Level Certificate in English
Our Entry Level Certificate in English has been designed specifically to align with GCSE English Language and provide a progression route for lower attainers. The certificate provides a springboard to GCSE, and supports advancement in English by cementing students’ core understanding.
Flexible content to maximise engagement
- a variety of interesting topics, suggested by English teachers
- a flexible programme of study with plenty of choice to suit your teaching and your students
- free choice of speaking and writing tasks - or the option to follow tasks set by us
- a choice between 3 sets of live Reading papers, each on a different topic, so you can select the one best suited to your student
- Level 3 includes some very short extracts of 19th century texts, aligned to our GCSE. Our Level 3 fiction paper also includes engaging 20th and 21st century texts.
Assessment specifically designed for learners not yet ready for GCSE
- assessments are designed to be taken when learners are ready, whether this is at the end of each unit, end of term, or end of year
- assessment objectives are the same as at GCSE level, so learners can develop their skills ready for assessments in the same way as they would when moving on to GCSE
- AO3 comparison is assessed via Spoken Language tasks for levels 1 and 2, to make it more accessible for students.