Edexcel A level Training and events
Training and events
Our training and events programme will help you to deliver the new AS and A levels in Geography with confidence.
Geographical Association Conference 2018
Our A level Geography workshop, delivered by Bob Digby, focused on the A level Paper 3 synoptic investigation.
The workshop included guidance on:
- the three synoptic themes
- preparing students for the demands of the exam
- marking an exemplar response to the 24 mark essay.
A Level Geography Mocks Marking Training
These events will support teachers delivering our Edexcel A level Geography 2016 specification and will:
- Highlight the assessment requirements of the new specification
- Explore the paper structure and new types of question
- Review student responses to questions and understand how to accurately apply the mark scheme
Edexcel A level Geography Coursework Marking Training
These events are designed for teachers who are delivering our Edexcel A Level Geography 2016 specification and in the events will:
- Explore the coursework assessment criteria
- Look at examples of marked student coursework
- Carry out some marking on exemplar materials
- Address common issues and frequently asked questions
A level Geography Network Events - the Independent Investigation
During 2017, our A Level Geography network events have focused on:
- delivering the new A level Independent Investigation
- understanding the mark scheme for the non-examined assessments (NEA
- applying the mark scheme to NEA exemplars.
You can download the network event pack, including the examiner marked NEA exemplars here:
Geographical Association Conference 2017
If you missed our workshop on integrating geographical skills and preparing for the A level Independent Investigation, you can download the presentation and delegate booklet here:
Getting Ready To Teach Edexcel AS and A level Geography 2016
These events support teachers with the new Edexcel AS and A level Geography:
- discover more about structure and content of the new specifications
- discuss teaching and delivery strategies, including co-teaching
- explore question papers and mark schemes for each exam
- develop ideas for high-quality AS and A level fieldwork
- hear about the support available to help you every step of the way.