Edexcel AS and A level English Language (2015)
Training and events
Our training and events programme will help you to deliver the new AS and A levels in English Language with confidence.
Mocks Marking training events
Mock exams will be key to gaining a snapshot of how students are performing during the new A level English Language course. Our Mocks Marking training events will help you apply the new mark schemes, so you can be confident you’re getting a clear picture of your students’ achievements.
Training recording and supporting student scripts
This pre-recorded training is an introduction to our online and face to face Mocks Marking training events.
Edexcel AS/A level English Language - Mocks Marking training introduction
It will give you an overview of
- the assessment requirements of the new specification
- the new types of questions that exist within the revised papers
- how mark schemes are developed to match the question asked
- some sample student responses to questions
- how we can support you in marking your students' work.
Free coursework marking and standardisation
These face to face events are designed for teachers who are delivering the A Level English Language (2015) specification to:
- explore the coursework assessment criteria
- look at examples of marked student coursework
- carry out some marking on exemplar materials
- address common issues and frequently asked questions.
Free AS/A level English Language 2015 networks
Our local networks are an opportunity for colleagues teaching the AS/A level English Language (2015) specifications to:
- get together to share good practice
- meet with the Edexcel English team.
Training materials from previous network events
Getting ready to teach Pearson’s new AS and A level English Language specifications from 2015
Were you unable to attend one of our free face to face or online Getting Ready to Teach events?
These events support teachers who are preparing to deliver the Pearson Edexcel English Language specifications for first teaching from September 2015.
You can access all the materials that have been used in our training events.
Our free launch events give teachers and heads of department the chance to find out more about our new AS and A levels in English Language, for first teaching in September 2015.
If you were unable to attend one of our recent launch events, please view the following presentation.
About our training events
Training from Pearson UK is designed to help anyone who is interested in, or currently teaching, our qualifications. We have a programme of online and face-to-face launch and Getting Ready to Teach events to help you plan and deliver the new specifications.
Our online training:
- is suitable for both UK and international centres
- brings the quality of our face-to-face training to a wider audience in a cost-effective, efficient way.