Pearson Edexcel AS and A level English Language (2015)
Moving to Edexcel
Have you started teaching A level English Language with another exam board but are now considering moving to Edexcel? It's easy to start teaching our specification, and you'll find all the documents you need right here.
Why move to Edexcel?
- We listened to teachers’ feedback and kept creative writing as a coursework element.
- We’ve incorporated an innovative approach to Investigating Language in the exam.
- A clear and easy to understand course structure.
- We’ve made sure our exam papers are student friendly; they’re clearly presented in sections and with logical question styles – so your students can really show what they know.
- Our Mark Schemes have been designed to with equal AO weighting to ensure students focus on answering questions
- Our AS and A level qualifications are co-teachable.
- We provide free face-to-face coursework marking training. Book your place.
- We run local networks run by subject specialists. So far, we’ve looked at: responses to Child Language at AS and A Level, the structure of Crafting Language coursework assignment and approaching teaching the Investigating Language exam component.
- Our Mocks marking training pack also enables you to look at student responses to specimen papers.
Sign up to teach with us
Fill out our short Intention To Offer form so that we can keep you updated with all the latest news.
Arrange a visit from one of our English specialists
Our knowledgeable English specialists are on hand to help you get to grips with the ins and outs of our specification. If you’d like a specialist to visit your school to discuss the practical delivery of the qualification, you can arrange an appointment using the form above.
Sign up to receive updates from our English Subject Advisor
For extra information and English-related news, sign up to hear from our expert Subject Advisor Clare Haviland. Clare is available on email@example.com if you have any questions, and you can also follow her on Twitter @PearsonTeachEng.
You can also explore our range of teaching and planning resources as well as our data packs on specific units, filled with materials and analysis on past papers.