A levels Art and Design (2015)
Summer 2022 support
On 30 September 2021, the Department for Education and Ofqual published the outcomes of the consultation on proposed summer 2022 adaptations, including optionality and advance information.
The consultation concluded that all of the proposals set out in the consultation document would be implemented.
This is in addition to the outcomes of the 2022 NEA and field work consultation, which published on 16 June. These confirmed the carry forward of arrangements which were put in place in 2021 to take account of public health restrictions that might continue to affect the way the assessments in certain qualifications could be conducted.
Read more about the NEA and field work consultation outcome
For A level Art & Design the following arrangements have been confirmed for summer 2022:
Component 1 – personal investigation
- Candidates required to only complete their portfolio.
- Component 1 weighting increased to 100%
- Visiting centre moderation to be replaced with remote moderation should public health restrictions necessitate.
- Digital portfolio submission.
Component 2 – externally set assignment
- Component 2 has been removed from the qualification; therefore, candidates will be awarded on their portfolio only.
We will be supporting you and your students every step of the way with the 2022 summer arrangements.
You can find the support currently available to support teaching and learning below.