BTEC Specialist qualifications Working as a CCTV Operator (Public Space Surveillance) within the Private Security Industry (L2) - 2015
Here you’ll find support for teaching and studying our BTEC Specialist level 2 Award for Working as a CCTV Operator (Public Space Surveillance) within the Private Security Industry. This qualification, accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF), helps boost learners’ career prospects by giving them the skills, knowledge and understanding that employers look for.
Units offered include working as a CCTV operator and practical operation of CCTV equipment within the private security industry.
- Qualification type:
- BTEC Specialist qualification
- Qualification title:
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award for Working as a CCTV Operator (Public Space Surveillance) within the Private Security Industry
- Level 2
- Accreditation status:
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH):
- Total Qualification Time (TQT):
- Qualification number (QN):
- Eligible for funding in England for:
19+ (non-full level 2 or level 3 qualification)
- UK and international
- First teaching:
- Review date:
- Tue Mar 31 11:09:00 UTC 2020 ? This is the date by which we must have decided to extend, withdraw or replace a qualification.
Why choose this specification?
Door supervisors must hold a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work in the UK, but they need a relevant, SIA-recognised qualification to apply for a licence. This qualification allows door supervisors to apply for their SIA licence.
You can find details of the other requirements necessary to qualify for a licence on the SIA website.
People intending to work in England, Wales or Northern Ireland should take the BTEC Level 2 Award in Door Supervision (QCF), while those intending to work in Scotland should take the BTEC Award in Door Supervision (Scotland).
Security test inspections
If you're running tests for BTEC Security qualifications, you need to notify us at least 5 days beforehand.
Learn more about security test inspections