September 2014 update
Our new suite of Pearson BTEC business skills Apprenticeships and stand-alone qualifications has been open for registrations since 1 September.
BTEC Apprenticeships at levels 2 and 3 will combine both knowledge and competency into one combined qualification. However, BTEC Higher Apprenticeships at levels 4 and 5 remain as separate knowledge and competency qualifications. Our new business skills qualifications are available in the following sectors:
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Team Leading, Management and Leadership.
You have already been given automatic approval for the new set of Apprenticeships. You can now register learners in the usual way on Edexcel Online.
Onscreen external assessments
Our new suite of BTEC Apprenticeships will contain onscreen external assessments which will be delivered on our Pearson Onscreen Platform (POP). You will have the option of delivering these assessments using our offline version of the platform, suited for learners who are offsite, or our LAN version, recommended for large cohorts of learners sitting tests at the same time in a classroom environment. You will be able to book onscreen external assessments from 20 October 2014.
Installing/upgrading the Pearson Onscreen Platform (POP)
You will need to install (or upgrade if you already use POP to deliver NQF BTEC tests) the latest version of the POP software so that, from 20 October, you'll be able to start booking the onscreen external assessments.
Over the coming weeks, we'll provide you with the technical requirements and installation guides to support you with installing/upgrading to the latest version of the software.
Business skills sample onscreen assessment materials
Pearson Work Based Learning and Colleges is delighted to announce that sample onscreen assessment materials for the new suite of business skills qualifications, launched on 1 September, are now available.
The sample assessment materials are available via a sample test player, which replicates the look and feel of the Pearson Onscreen Platform (POP).
Via the sample test player centres and learners can access:
- a functionality sample test intended to demonstrate item type functionality. Its purpose is to enable centres and learners to familiarise themselves with the item types that they may find appearing within a test for a vocational specialist qualification.
- sample assessment materials for the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service (601/3424/0) and Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service (601/3478/1). The sample assessment materials are intended to allow centres and learners to familiarise themselves with the type of questions that they may find in a test.
Items within the sample assessment materials are illustrative examples only, based on tested units from within the level 2 and level 3 business skills qualifications. No results or answers will be provided.
We anticipate that sample assessment materials will be available by 1 December 2014 for the following qualifications:
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (601/3405/7)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration (601/3406/9)
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading (601/3430/6)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Management (601/3396/X).
View the sample test player, sample assessment materials, and the minimum technical requirements to access them on our onscreen testing for BTEC (QCF) qualifications page.