Accessing summer GCSE 2013 moderator reports
Did you know that from results day you can download centre-specific moderator feedback for the GCSE controlled assessment (Speaking) units? This does not apply to controlled assessments produced for the Writing unit, which are externally marked by Edexcel examiners.
How to download your individual centre's moderator report
If you have submitted Speaking controlled assessments in the summer 2013 series, your moderator will have written a report which will provide you with general feedback on your marking and administration.
1. To download your report go to www.edexcelonline.co.uk and sign in using your Edexcel Online username and password. If you've forgotten your password you can generate a reminder from Edexcel Online by selecting 'forgotten password'.
2. Once you're logged in under your centre, select the relevant qualification (for example, GCSE) from the top left-hand menu.
3. Then click on the 'Results' tab on the left-hand side of the page and select 'Moderator Reports'.
Please note: if you do not have access to 'Results' in your Edexcel Online profile then you will not see the 'Results' tab. In this instance please ask your examinations officer to change your profile.
4. Now select the relevant examination series, your subject and press 'Submit'. You will get a message saying the report will be in your 'mailbox' in two hours. (The report usually only takes only five minutes or so to appear in your mailbox.)
5. Go to your mailbox to download the report.
Your moderator will have provided some feedback for you, possibly highlighting good practice or, potentially, explaining through reference to the assessment criteria, if it was necessary to adjust your centre's marks.
How to download the Principal Moderator Report
You can also download the Principal Moderator Report which contains more detailed advice and guidance for the Speaking unit.
Principal Moderator Reports are available on ResultsPlus from results day (please see below). They will also be available on the language-specific GCSE homepage from 28 August for GCSE French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Italian and Urdu.
1. To access the Principal Moderator's Report on results day, go to www.edexcel.com/resultsplus and sign in using your Edexcel Online username and password. If you've forgotten your password you can generate a reminder from Edexcel Online.
2. Once you are logged in under your centre, select 'ResultsPlus Analysis'.
3. Then select 'Whole cohort results' followed by 'Cohort paper analysis'.
4. Select the relevant qualification and series, for example 'GCSE' and 'June 2013', followed by the relevant subject and 'View paper analysis' for the relevant speaking controlled assessment unit. Because it is an internally assessed unit, there will not be any paper analysis available, but if you select 'Exam docs' you should find the Principal Moderator Report for that unit there.
To access the Principal Moderator Report from the qualifications pages you should go to the relevant qualification and select 'Examiner Reports' and then choose the relevant examination series from the menu.
I hope you found this update useful. If you have any queries about your moderator reports, please email us at TeachingLanguages@pearson.com.
Languages Subject Advisor