November 2021 Engineering update
Welcome to your November 2021 Engineering subject update.
In this update:
- January and February 2022 exam series dates
- summer 2022 exam timetables
- Teaching, learning and assessment arrangements in 2021/2022
- BTEC Customer briefing: Engineering
- BTEC Tech Award in Engineering (first teach September 2022) training events
January, February and summer 2022 exam series dates
Here are the January and summer 2022 exam dates for BTEC Firsts, Tech Awards, and Nationals in Engineering.
Please note, teacher instructions for the BTEC Tech Award in Engineering Component 3 February 2022 series will be available from 6 December 2021. This is earlier than usual, and is to provide centres with more time to prepare the necessary equipment for the assessment.
As in previous years, this will be released under the secure test page and gold padlocked, meaning only your exams officer can download it. Teachers can view the document from the date its published. Teacher instructions must not be shared with students and kept secure at all times.
Timetables for the summer series can be accessed below.
Entry deadline for summer series: 24/03/2022*
*Learners who sat BTEC assessments in the January 2022 series can be re-entered for June exams after January results have been issued, and no late fees will be charged. The entry deadline for these learners is 1 April.
Teaching, learning and assessment arrangements in 2021/2022
All information on the adaptations and advice on teaching and learning during 2021/2022 can be found in the page below.
There is also the Engineering specific brief presentation you can view here.
BTEC Customer briefing: Engineering
1 December 2021 - 16:00-17:00 GMT.
This session will be for centres who would like to ask questions and discuss our approved alternative arrangements of streamlined assessment guidance for all learners this year (2021/2022).
Live networking sessions provide you with an opportunity to:
- discuss adaptation of ‘streamlined assessment’ and the gathering of evidence
- learn more about our existing resources which support external assessment and mock exams
- discuss any issues that you currently face
- exchange best practice with the sector team facilitating the session.
BTEC Tech Award in Engineering (first teach September 2022) training events
Getting Started: Ways to Teach and Assess BTEC Tech Award in Engineering 2022
This session is aimed at UK based teachers, lecturers or trainers preparing to deliver the revised BTEC Tech Awards in Engineering from 2022. These live sessions will provide you with an opportunity to interact with the presenter who will take you through:
- Course at a glance – an overview of the qualification structure
- Assessment – the types and requirements along with tips for approaching these
- Grading at component and qualification levels
- Planning your programme - the ongoing support and resources available to you
Book on to one of these events