Enquiries About Results
Enquiries About Results
What to do if you're not happy with your students' results this summer:
- Firstly, log in to ResultsPlus for an instant and detailed analysis of your students' exam performance. See how they have performed on every question and compare their performance to the national average.
- You can download a copy of the relevant Principal Examiner's Report from ResultsPlus on results day. The summer 2012 question papers and mark schemes are already available to download from the relevant qualification pages. GCE examiners' reports will be uploaded onto the qualification page on 21 August 2012 and GCSE examiners' reports will be uploaded on 28 August 2012.
- If, after having checked ResultsPlus and the relevant mark schemes and examiners' reports, you're still unhappy with your students' results, you may apply for a review of marking via our post-results services. You can find everything you need to know about Results Day and post-results services here.
- Please remember that the last date for Edexcel to receive applications for "Enquiries About Results", review of marking services is 20 September 2012. The deadline for requesting a Priority Service 2 review of marking (GCE only where a student's place in further/higher education depends on the outcome) is 24 August 2012. The deadline for requesting access to scripts to support teaching and learning is 4 October 2012.
An overview of the services available to you can be found below:
Here's a summary of the fees charged for these services:
|Service 1 - clerical check||£10.30||£10.30|
|Service 2P - priority post-results review of marking||N/A||£41.20|
|Service 2 - post-results review of marking||£23.20||£36.00|
|Service 3 - review of moderation of internally assessed coursework||£154.50 minimum (up to five candidates) and £15.50 for each additional candidate||£154.50 minimum (up to five candidates) and £15.50 for each additional candidate|
|Access to script - original script||£7.75||£7.75|
|Access to script - copy||N/A||£10.30|
Fees will not be charged:
- where the "Enquiries About Results" leads to a change in the overall subject grade for the student
- if, for Service 3, centre marks are reinstated.
Where Edexcel is satisfied that an "Enquiries About Results" has revealed a demonstrable trend of significant under-marking of a centre cohort, we will seek to address the issue via an 'extended review of marking'. 'Significant under-marking' is generally defined as a change of more than 5% of the total raw mark for the paper (not the UMS).
Please speak to your examinations officer if you wish to proceed with an Enquiry About Results. Examinations officers should contact our Service Operations team on 0844 463 25350844 463 2535 if they require further information or guidance on "Enquiries About Results" services.
I hope you found this update useful.