November 2021 Construction update
Welcome to your November 2021 Construction subject update.
In this update:
- January 2022 exam series dates
- summer 2022 exam series dates
- Teaching, learning and assessment arrangements in 2021/2022
- BTEC Customer briefing: Construction
- BTEC Tech Award in Construction and the Built Environment (first teach September 2022) training events
- T Levels in Construction updates
January and summer 2022 exam series dates
Here are the January and summer 2022 exam dates for BTEC Firsts and Nationals in Construction and the Built Environment.
Construction and the Built Environment
|Unit 1: Construction Technology
|Unit 11: Sustainability in Construction
|Unit 1: Construction Technology (Welsh)
|Unit 11: Sustainability in Construction (Welsh)
|Construction and the Built Environment
|Unit 1: Construction Principles
Timetables for the summer series can be accessed below.
Entry deadline for summer series: 24/03/2022*
*Learners who sat BTEC assessments in the January 2022 series can be re-entered for June exams after January results have been issued, and no late fees will be charged. The entry deadline for these learners is 1 April.
Teaching, learning and assessment arrangements in 2021/2022
All information on the adaptations and advice on teaching and learning during 2021/2022 can be found in the page below.
There is also the Construction specific brief presentation you can view here.
BTEC Customer briefing: Construction
**30 November 2021 - 16:00-17:00 GMT
**Update - This event has been postponed to 16 December 2021 from 12:00-13:00 GMT.
This session will be for centres who would like to ask questions and discuss our approved alternative arrangements of streamlined assessment guidance for all learners this year (2021/2022).
Live networking sessions provide you with an opportunity to:
- discuss adaptation of ‘streamlined assessment’ and the gathering of evidence
- learn more about our existing resources which support external assessment and mock exams
- discuss any issues that you currently face
- exchange best practice with the sector team facilitating the session.
BTEC Tech Award in Construction and the Built Environment (first teach September 2022) training events
Getting Started: Ways to Teach and Assess BTEC Tech Award in Construction and Built Environment 2022
This session is aimed at UK based teachers, lecturers or trainers preparing to deliver the revised BTEC Tech Awards in Construction and Built Environment from 2022. This live session will provide you with an opportunity to interact with the presenter who will take you through:
- Course at a glance – an overview of the qualification structure
- Assessment – the types and requirements along with tips for approaching these
- Grading at component and qualification levels
- Planning your programme - the ongoing support and resources available to you
Book on to one of these events
T-Level in Construction update
Update to the Network event on 30 November: T Level in Construction - Design, surveying and planning
30 November 2021 - 13:00 -14:00 GMT.
Further network events are planned for the academic year ahead. You can book on to them from the links below.
Upcoming Getting Ready to teach events
This session is aimed at UK based teachers, lecturers or trainers who are new to delivering this qualification or those who would like to refresh themselves.
There is an expectation that delegates will have watched the on-demand session titled ‘Getting to know the specification’ prior to attending this event as an overview of the structure of the specification will not be covered here.
This live session provides you with an opportunity to interact with the presenter and take you through:
- Planning your programme
- Reviewing elements of the core content and practical ways in which this can be delivered
- Signposting the ongoing support available to you
2021-2023 Key dates schedule for Construction
Instructions to conduct external assessment for T levels document and the administrative support guides for Core ESP and Occupational Specialism are available to download. See link below:
Construction Engagement Hub
Access useful recordings on T-Level administration, as well as sector specific recordings. This will include recordings of getting to know the specification and getting started events.
November 2021 T levels update
Read the latets T levels bulletin, which will bring you all important updates and key dates.