Moderator results and results enquiries - summer 2014
From results day, you can download centre-specific moderator feedback for all your GCE coursework and GCSE controlled assessment units.
Edexcel Certificates/International GCSEs have no internally or externally assessed controlled assessments.
International Advanced Levels (IALs) have Alternative Written papers instead of UK coursework. To read the IAL Principal Moderator Reports, please visit the relevant IAL qualification page.
How to download your individual centre's moderator report
1. To download your report, go to Edexcel Online and sign in using your Edexcel Online username and password. If you've forgotten your password, you can generate a reminder by selecting 'forgotten password'.
2. Once you're logged in under your centre, select the relevant qualification (for example, GCSE) from the top left-hand menu.
3. Then click on the 'Results' tab on the left-hand side of the page and select 'Moderator Reports'.
Please note: if you do not have access to 'Results' in your Edexcel Online profile then you will not see the 'Results' tab. In this instance, please ask your exams officer to change your profile or email us at email@example.com providing your centre number.
4. Now select the relevant examination series, your subject and press 'Submit'. You will get a message saying that the report will be in your 'mailbox' within two hours. However, the report normally takes only 5 minutes to appear in your mailbox.
5. Go to your mailbox to download the report.
Your moderator will have written a centre report for you, highlighting good practice and explaining how to use specific assessment criteria if it was necessary to adjust your centre's marks.
How to download the Principal Moderator Report
You can also download the Principal Moderator Report which contains detailed advice and guidance on each coursework and controlled assessment unit.
To access the GCE Principal Moderator Report on Results Day, go to the GCE Biology, GCE Chemistry and GCE Physics pages and look under the Examiner Reports tab. You will be asked to sign in using your Edexcel Online username and password. To access the GCSE Principal Moderator Report, go to the GCSE Sciences and Astronomy specifications and look under the Examiner Reports tab.
If you've forgotten your password, you can generate a reminder from Edexcel Online
Enquiries about results
What to do if you're not happy with your students' results this summer:
- Log in to Edexcel Online for an instant and detailed analysis of your students' exam performance. See how they have performed in each unit.
- You can download a copy of the relevant Principal Examiner's Report on Results Day. The summer 2014 question papers and mark schemes are already available to download from the relevant qualification pages. GCE examiners' reports will be uploaded onto the qualification page on 14 August 2014 and GCSE examiners' reports will be uploaded on 21 August 2014.
- If, after having checked Edexcel Online and the relevant mark schemes and examiners' reports, you're still unhappy with your students' results, you may apply for an Enquiry About Results via our post-results services. Find everything you need to know about results day and post-results services.
- Please remember that the last date for Edexcel to receive applications for EAR review of marking services is 20 September 2014.
- The deadline for requesting a Priority Service 2 review of marking (GCE only where a student's place in further/higher education depends on the outcome) is 22 August 2014.
Here's an overview of the services available to you.
Fees will not be charged:
- where the EAR leads to a change in the overall subject grade for the student
- if, for Service 3, centre marks are reinstated.
How to apply for post-results services
Post-results review of moderation of internally assessed/externally moderated coursework or controlled assessment.
This service is not available to individual candidates and the outcome will affect the whole cohort. The service is not available if the original centre marks were accepted. The original sample must be sent to us within 3 days of the request. Work must be kept in secure conditions and not returned to candidates.
Teachers are strongly advised to download their individual centre's E9 Moderator Report from Edexcel Online, as well as their Principal Examiner's Report for the relevant internally assessed component, before proceeding with this service.
Edexcel Appeals Office
190 High Holborn
Appeals cannot be accepted directly from candidates, their parents or third parties acting on their behalf.
See more information about our results and post-results services.