Relaunch English Language learning with GCSE (9-1) English Language 2.0: Lift
Introducing our newly-accredited Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9–1) English Language 2.0: Lift for first teaching in 2021.
After listening to feedback from the English teaching community last year, we recognised that a ‘one-size fits all’ approach to English Language doesn’t equally suit the needs, interests and progression of all students.
We consulted with English Language teachers in developing a brand-new GCSE, which will motivate and engage students to equip themselves with lifelong skills and enable progression to further academic or vocational study and employment.
Our newly-accredited Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9-1) English Language 2.0: Lift, for first teaching in 2021, provides:
- an engaging choice of contemporary texts, relatable modern themes and writing tasks to motivate students following a less traditionally literary pathway through their English studies
- a skills-based qualification that can be delivered in one year
- real-world, applicable content providing a strong foundation for further academic or vocational pathways
- equally-weighted papers of 80 marks (50%) each
- a functional 19th-century non-fiction text element requiring no co-teaching of literature
- a fresh, new English Language course to motivate students required to re-sit.
Take a look at the documents below to get started:
We'll also be providing:
- mapping documents from other awarding bodies
- a scheme of work and one-year planner
- an anthology of unseen texts for Paper 1 and Paper 2, covering fiction and non-fiction
- a comprehensive programme of online training and network events
- 1:1 support from an English specialist.
Get ready for launch
Come along to one of our launch events for Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9–1) English Language 2.0: Lift to find out more about our brand-new GCSE for 2021. We’ll give you an introduction to our new GCSE, and dive into how it could benefit you and your students, reinvigorating English Language learning. There’ll be an opportunity to ask questions too.
We'll be offering one event tailored to FE colleges on 29 April 2021 at 4–5:15pm, and one event tailored to schools on 27 April 2021 at 4–5:15pm, so you can be sure you'll be getting the support you need to get started and deliver GCSE 2.0: Lift with confidence.