Relaunch English Language learning with GCSE (9-1) English Language 2.0 (Lift)
Introducing our newly-accredited Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9–1) English Language 2.0 for first teaching in 2021.
After listening to feedback from the English teaching community last year, we recognised that a ‘one-size fits all’ approach to English Language doesn’t equally suit the needs, interests and progression of all students.
We consulted with English Language teachers in developing a brand-new GCSE, which will motivate and engage students to equip themselves with lifelong skills and enable progression to further academic or vocational study and employment.
Our newly-accredited Pearson Edexcel GCSE (9–1) English Language 2.0, for first teaching in 2021, provides:
- an engaging choice of contemporary texts, relatable modern themes and writing tasks to motivate students following a less traditionally literary pathway through their English studies
- real-world, applicable content providing a strong foundation for further academic or vocational pathways
- equally-weighted papers of 80 marks (50%) each
- a functional 19th-century non-fiction text element requiring no co-teaching of literature
- a fresh, new English Language course to motivate students required to re-sit.
Take a look at the documents below to get started:
We'll also be providing:
- mapping documents from other awarding bodies
- a scheme of work and one- and two-year planners
- an anthology of unseen texts for Paper 1 and Paper 2, covering fiction and non-fiction
- a comprehensive programme of online training and network events
- 1:1 support from an English specialist.