Pearson science competition
10 July 2020Read more
The Salters’ Institute, our curriculum partner for A level Biology 'A' and – in conjunction with the Horners’ Company – A level Physics, is running a competition for students this year. To give the same opportunities to students of A level Biology 'B' and A level Chemistry, we're sponsoring a parallel competition for students of these specifications.
- Students should submit a report of up to 1000 words about an issue that is of particular interest to them
- This report could describe a piece of significant practical work carried out during the course
- Alternatively, it could be an analysis of an issue in contemporary biology or contemporary chemistry
- The report should be written for the intelligent lay reader.
- Entries should be submitted by schools, not by individual students
- Entries are limited to a maximum of one entry per school in each subject. Where more than one student wishes to enter, the school should select the strongest candidate. Alternatively, a group of up to three students can submit a single report.
- Where a group of up to three students have collaborated to produce a single report, this group constitutes a single entry.
- Part of the criteria used in choosing the award winners will be the grade awarded in the summer of 2020. Award winners should be anticipating A or A* grades in their A level.
How to apply
- Applications should be sent by email, using the nomination form below, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for entries is 30 September 2020.
- The winners will be announced in early November
- Pearson will publish a selection of the best reports
- Any enquiries should be emailed to email@example.com