We’ve been working closely with teaching professionals in the music sector to develop an exciting new range of Level 2 and Level 3 music qualifications designed around what you’ve told us you need. You'll find:
- external assessments in new 2018 qualifications are now project based with no exams
- the option of a Level 2 course with no external assessment
- practical and appropriate assessments focusing on performing, producing and creating music
- summative unit grading designed to help with reporting value added through ALPS
- a flexible approach to delivery so you can teach in a way that meets the needs of your learners.
Use the links below to explore specifications and course materials for our music qualifications and sign up for music updates for the latest news and information.
BTEC Level 2 and 3 Music qualifications
For Level 2 learners
Give your learners the opportunity to acquire the technical skills they will need to progress to employment, an apprenticeship or further technical study.
For Level 3 learners
Help your learners develop their own music portfolio and the technical skills they will need to support their entry to higher education or employment.