Terms and Conditions
We know that all the small print in competitions and entries can be time consuming. So, to make things easier, we've broken down the BTEC Awards 2019 Terms and Conditions to showcase the most important points below.
Make sure you have read these before sending us your BTEC Awards entries. Or you can also read the full Terms and Conditions.
1. Nomination form
- You can submit a BTEC Awards 2019 nomination for: students, apprentices, teachers, tutors, schools/multi-academy trusts, colleges or apprenticeship providers. Each category has its own awards criteria, which will explain what is and is not be accepted in a nomination. You can’t nominate yourself for an award.
- The only way someone can be entered into the BTEC Awards 2019 competition is to complete and submit the BTEC Awards 2019 nomination form.
- Whoever you nominate must be aware and have given consent to take part. If they are under the age of 18, you must get permission from their parent or legal guardian before you enter them into this competition
- Each nominator agrees to indemnify Pearson from and against any claims or liability under the Data Protection Act 1998 arising from the supply to Pearson by that nominator of any third party personal data made without such knowledge, consent and cooperation.
- There’s no limit to how many nominations you submit, but you can’t submit multiple nominations for the same person. If you do, they won’t be valid.
- Each nomination must be your own original work and must not include anyone else’s material. Once submitted, the copyright in such material shall become the property of Pearson. We will not be able to return any nomination or supporting material back to you.
- Each nominator agrees to indemnify Pearson from and against any and all liability arising from their nomination infringing any third party intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright) being defamatory, libellous, or otherwise unlawful.
Once you submit a nomination, Pearson can create publicity material based on the nomination and judges’ decision. Examples include: content on Pearson web pages, marketing emails and social media.
- All nominations must be received by the competition Closing Date. Please see timelines here. All dates are subject to change. If any dates do change, we will let you know via email. If you fail to submit before the deadline, or if your nomination is not in line with our T&Cs or award criteria, your nomination entry will be disqualified.
2. Personal Details
- Any personal details provided will only be used so we can let you know if your nomination has been shortlisted to the next stage, and to send out any prizes if they have won. Personal information will not be kept past the point of prizes being sent out, unless we get agreement from either you or your nominee.
- Because the prizes are not made by Pearson, we may need to pass some personal information on to third parties so prizes can be made and sent out.
3. Judging Panel
- The BTEC Awards 2019 judges will include Pearson employees, journalists and external employers. The final judging panel will shortlist finalists and runners up under each award category. We might ask for additional information to support your nomination in the final judging panel.
- If your nomination goes to stage two, you’ll need to provide additional information to support your stage one nomination.
Shortlisted nominees will be contacted on or after the date of the final judging panel about their nomination.
- The winners (apart from BTEC Student of the Year 2019) will be told straight after the final judging day. The BTEC Student of the Year 2019 will not be announced until on the day of the Awards ceremony.
- Pearson shall not be liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any person taking part or not being able to take part in the Awards.
- The 2019 BTEC Awards winners will receive prizes as set out below:
The BTEC Student of the Year 2019 will win a cash prize of £1,000
All winners will receive a certificate and a trophy.
- We are not able to provide winners with any alternative prizes. We might have to alter prizes if it is unavoidable.
- BTEC Awards winners will either have their prize presented to them locally, or they will be invited to attend the BTEC Awards 2019 ceremony in July 2019.
- Any false names, or addresses will disqualify that person from receiving any prize. We might ask for proof of identity and/or address before we send out any prizes.
5. Travel and event
- If needed, we will sort travel arrangements for winners and their guests and cover the cost.
- If you need to stay in a hotel, we will sort arrangements for winners and their guests to stay at a hotel either the night before or the night of the BTEC Awards ceremony.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances we have the right to alter, amend or stop the Awards ceremony taking place. This includes changing any award categories.
- If a winner is under the age of 18 and is invited to the BTEC Awards 2019 ceremony, the winner must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- You can see all the award categories for The BTEC Awards 2019 here: students, teacher and provider.
- The BTEC Student of the Year 2019 will be selected by the final judging panel.
- It is a condition of entry that any winner consents to their name and country being published on Pearson websites.
- Award winners may need to take part in publicity at the awards ceremony including photographs and video interviews, which may be used by Pearson in any media worldwide.
- Award winners may be required to take part in post-event publicity and hereby consent to providing their contact details for such purpose.
- Award winners must agree to keep confidential information about Pearson and the awards they have won until the ceremony takes place.