BTEC Tech Awards
The skills to succeed - the confidence to progress
BTEC Tech Awards are your new Key Stage 4 BTECs, designed specifically for 14-16 year olds in schools.
What are BTEC Tech Awards?
BTEC Tech Awards are new Key Stage 4 qualifications to replace the BTEC First Awards for 14-16 year olds in schools. They:
- are graded across both Level 1 and Level 2 to recognise the achievements of all students
- are designed to be taught alongside, and complement, GCSEs
- provide a taster of a professional sector, and develop transferable skills
- are assessed using assignments and practical tasks to suit vocational learner
- count in the 'open group' of Progress 8
- are available for first teaching from September 2017 - 18 (depending on your course).