Edexcel GCSE Gujarati (2018)
Here, you'll find everything you need to prepare for GCSE Gujarati from 2018 (first assessment from 2020) including our draft specification and draft sample assessment materials.
We’ve carried out research with teachers and students to ensure we offer you qualifications and support that you can have confidence in.
Our qualifications are designed to enable all students to meet their potential, communicate confidently and support progression.
We've embedded cultural and authentic material throughout this qualification with topics that you have told us you enjoy teaching - giving students a sense of purpose to language learning.
- Qualification type:
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Level 1/2
- Accreditation status:
- In development
- Specification codes:
- UK and international
- First teaching:
- First assessment:
GCSE Languages 2018: What's changing
These changes will apply to all awarding organisations’ specifications:
- The new 9-1 grading system will replace A*-G, and there will no longer be any controlled assessment. All papers will be set and marked by the awarding organisation.
- Papers will be tiered, with 25% assessment weightings per skill (listening, speaking, reading, writing).
- Compulsory topics will be linked to identity and culture; local, national, international and global areas of interest; and current and future study and employment.
- Papers will include:
- short translations from and into the target language
- some target-language questions in the reading and listening papers
- authentic stimuli in the reading paper, including literary texts.
Get the latest information on our new Gujarati qualification.
We'll provide support for you to plan and deliver the new GCSE in Gujarati. Whatever guidance you're looking for, we're here to help.