Health and Social Care
BTEC Nationals Health and Social Care (2016) Unit 6
We have updated the list of placements that students can attend for work experience for Unit 6- Work Experience in Health and Social Care and the PEP/Log book.
We have looked at the list of placements for Unit 6 Work Experience in Health and Social Care and increased the list , providing more settings. Hopefully this will give you more options and more ideas. The list is not exhustive and other placements might be suitable.
We have updated the Unit 6 PEP/Log book as well, to give students more oppotunities.
The most important change is for students completing the Extended Diploma,Diploma and Foundation Diploma on the Health and Social Care pathway, students can now complete 20% of their hours in an Early years setting.
Students on the Health Studies pathway must complete all their hours in a Health and Social Care setting.
Placement venues for Level 3 BTEC Nationals Health and Social Care (2016)
Below is a list of possible placement settings for learners completing BTEC National Health and Social care qualifications:
- NHS and independent sector – adult, children and young people services
- Inpatient services e.g. mental health, learning disability, older person, paediatric, neo-natal
- Community teams (older people, adult, child) e.g. palliative care, learning disability services, mental health teams (including Perinatal mental health teams)
- Paramedic services
- Day clinics/outpatient services
- Primary care – general practice and general practice nurses
- Emergency assessment units (community hospital settings)
- District and community services: outreach teams, health visiting and family support services, domiciliary care, substance misuse services, supported living services, assisted living teams
- Respite services
- Hospice (adult and child)
- Charitable services, e.g. Macmillan, British Heart Foundation, young carers groups, local charities
- Nursing homes
- Care homes
- Re-ablement services
- School nursing
- Complementary services: care farms, Riding for the Disabled, Dementia Cafes
- Work shadowing or observing a professional in a clinical setting
- Children’s centres
- Special educational needs schools
- Local authority social services
- Youth Work
- Health and fitness: physiotherapist, sports coaching, fitness clubs
- Non-clinical placements e.g. medical records, medical secretaries, marketing and promotions teams, Portering
- This is not an exhaustive list
Other health and social care settings may also be appropriate.