New apprenticeships Retailer
We offer a full range of assessment services to support the diverse requirements of the new apprenticeships standards.
You can use our training support offer regardless of whether you are using Pearson as your end-point assessment organisation or not.
Our end-point assessment service
As an ESFA-approved Assessment Organisation we provide a full range of assessment services to support the diverse requirements of the new apprenticeships standards.
The apprentice will be assessed to the apprenticeship standard using three complementary assessment methods. The assessment is synoptic, i.e. it takes a view of the overall performance of the apprentice in their job.
- 30 minute on demand multiple choice test.
- Graded Pass/Fail.
- Scenario-based questions.
- Usually taken on screen.
- Externally set and marked automatically by the assessment organisation.
- Undertaken either on the employer’s premises or off site.
- 2 hour observation of the apprentice in the workplace by the independent end assessor.
- Graded Pass/Distinction.
- Must cover observation of the apprentice’s knowledge, skills and behaviours for the customer, business, communication and brand reputation elements of the standard.
- Can also cover wider sections of the standard.
- 1 hour structured meeting, led by the independent end assessor, involving the apprentice and employer (e.g. line manager)
- Graded Pass/Distinction
- Focuses on how they have performed during the apprenticeship and their overall achievement of the knowledge, skills and behaviours in the standard.
- Independent end assessor confirms that each assessment element has been completed.
- The grade is determined by the independent end assessor on the overall performance of the apprentice in the observation and professional discussion: Fail/Pass/Distinction.