International Advanced Level About Edexcel International Advanced Level Economics
About Edexcel International Advanced Level Economics
Our International AS/Advanced Level in Economics is the new name for the international Edexcel AS/A level, for first assessment in January 2014. Examination series are available in January, June and October.
The Edexcel International AS/Advanced Level Economics syllabus, regulated by Pearson, builds on the knowledge and skills developed from Edexcel International GCSE Economics and other GCSE programmes of study, encouraging creative thinking and problem-solving. A GCSE qualification in Economics is not a prerequisite for study of the subject at Advanced Level.
Edexcel International Advanced Level qualifications are not available to centres in the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, or British Armed Forces schools based overseas.
- Flexible, modular structure
- January, June and October examinations to support students wishing to progress to local and international universities
- AS levels can be taken as a stand-alone qualification or used as a stage on the way to completing an Advanced Level. AS represents 50% of an Advanced Level
- 100% external assessment with no coursework
- The specification can be delivered in an international context to fully equip the international learner
- Written to the same rigorous standards as all Edexcel qualifications
- Regulated by Pearson
- Offers progression from Edexcel International GCSE Economics.
Sign up to teach
If you’re interested in offering Edexcel International Advanced Level Economics, sign up here.