Edexcel GCSE Leisure and Tourism (2009)
Here, you'll find everything you need to study for or to teach the Edexcel GCSE in Leisure and Tourism, including key documents and the latest news.
Students of our Edexcel GCSE in Leisure and Tourism will learn how the industry works, from sales and promotion to operations and customer service, as well as developing an awareness of issues such as health and safety, diversity and sustainability.
- Qualification type:
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Level 1/2
- Accreditation status:
- Leisure and Tourism
- Specification codes:
- UK and international
- First teaching:
- First assessment:
- Final assessment:
- Summer 2018
Why choose this specification?
Our Edexcel GCSE in Leisure and Tourism helps students develop an understanding of how the sector contributes to society and the economy.
Key features of our Edexcel GCSE in Leisure and Tourism:
- Choice of single or double awards, adding flexibility and broadening the appeal to a wider range of students
- Choice of controlled assessment unit for the single award
- Clearer assessment and marking grids
- Examinations are shorter – one hour – and will contain multiple-choice questions. Questions now feature more extracts and case study material so that students can apply their knowledge to leisure and tourism situations, focusing less on theoretical content.
Visit the leisure and tourism teacher community