Pearson Edexcel GCSEs Teaching support
We're here to provide you with the extensive support you need to plan and implement GCSE (9-1) History successfully.
The Mocks Service
The Mocks Service provides schools and colleges with Pearson Edexcel GCSE History exam papers for use in mock examinations. The papers are sat by students, marked by Pearson examiners and the mock results are uploaded to ResultsPlus for item level analysis.
If you’ve used this service before, simply log in and make your entries for the autumn term.
If you’re new to the mocks service and would like to find out more, take a look at the information on our website where you can also book an appointment with your local sales consultant to discuss your requirements further.
Our aim is to provide lots of free support to help you, including:
- Mapping documents (ZIP, 0.59 MB) from other awarding bodies
- Interactive scheme of work – helps you manage the content for History by recommending how long to spend on each unit
- Printable schemes of work – also available for Key Stage 3 (available to support both a 2 and 3-year teaching approach)
- Teaching guide (PDF, 1.6 MB) for Peason Edexcel GCSE (9–1) History
- Course planner (DOC, 0.43 MB)
- Topic booklets (ZIP, 2.85 MB) for every topic in the specification
- Training events
- Pre-recorded training from our Getting Ready to Teach events
- Getting Started guide (PDF, 1.63 MB)
- Paper 1 thematic study and historic environment guidance (PDF, 0.38 MB)
- Sources and interpretations guidance (PDF, 0.71 MB)
- Mapping documents (ZIP, 0.3 MB) to the old (2013) Pearson student books
- Network events for sharing best practice
- Topic-based events that look at how specific topics fit into the GCSE course as a whole
- Content from past training events – including slides and exemplars from the Spring 2019 Network events
Track and Assess
- Assessment guide (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- Sample Assessment Materials – including new draft SAMs for Paper 2 for a sample of topics
- Exemplar student responses
- Specimen papers and mark schemes
- Past Papers, mark schemes and examiner reports
- Pre-recorded training from our 2018 series Network events
- KS3 and GCSE baseline tests, with guide and markbook
- ResultsPlus and examWizard
- Access to Scripts