Edexcel GCSE English Language (2010)
Training and events
We run a number of training sessions and events to support teachers in delivering our English GCSEs. Find out more and book your place now.
These events are a great way to meet our English team, keep up to date on the latest developments, share best practice and network with other teachers.
These free half-day events are designed for teachers starting our Edexcel GCSE English and GCSE English Language specifications.
- get an overview of the structure and content of the qualification
- gain insight into the potential teaching and delivery strategies for the new specifications
- receive guidance on good practice in teaching the qualification
- look at example assessment materials
- address frequently asked questions.
This event can count as 2.5 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Our free, face-to-face Standardisation training events aim to:
- consider standardised student work
- look at applying assessment criteria
- answer teachers' questions about the specification
- address common issues and frequently asked questions
- promote good practice.
This event can count as two hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Our free English Local Network meetings are specifically designed to provide information and support to all English teachers of GCSE, English Certificates (accredited versions of International GCSE), International GCSE and A level in schools and colleges.
- Update on the latest English developments
- Overview of our new GCSE specifications and sample assessment materials
- Guidance on next steps with the new GCSEs and information about our comprehensive support
- Introduction to our new suite of A level English specifications
- Q&A session and opportunities to network and share good practice.
How to book your place
To see what events are coming up in your area and to book your place, just search for GCSE English on our training page.