Edexcel GCSE Design and Technology - Resistant Materials (2009)
Here, you'll find everything you need to study for or to teach the Edexcel GCSE in Design and Technology: Resistant Materials, including key documents and the latest news.
Students of our Edexcel GCSE in Resistant Materials will learn the skills to design and make products with materials such as wood, metal and plastics, using a range of industrial processes to shape and form materials into functioning products.
- Qualification type:
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Level 1/2
- Accreditation status:
- Design and Technology - Resistant Materials
- Specification codes:
- UK and international
- First teaching:
- First assessment:
- Final assessment:
- Summer 2018
Why choose this specification?
Our Edexcel GCSE in Resistant Materials enables students to develop a whole range of creative designing and making skills, technical knowledge and product understanding, as well as transferable skills such as problem solving and time management.
Key features of our Edexcel GCSE in Resistant Materials:
- Clear, accessible assessment structure which is explicit about the content you need to cover and what the student needs to demonstrate
- Flexibility and choice in the 'design and make' activity: students can design one product and make another, or design and make one product
- Easy-to-use assessment grids
- Accessible papers to help both teachers and students prepare for assessment with clear and concise mark schemes.
Visit the design and technology teacher community