A levels Persian (2018)
Summer 2021 support
The Department for Education (DfE) and Ofqual have confirmed their approach for issuing grades in summer 2021:
- Exams will not go ahead as planned
- A teacher-assessed grades approach will be used for all UK-regulated qualifications, including GCSE, AS and A level, AEA and Projects
- Judgements will be quality-assured by awarding organisations
- Teachers will collate a ‘basket of evidence’ for pupils expecting to receive a grade this summer
- Students will be able to appeal their grades
The consultation also confirmed that students will only be assessed on the content that they have been taught, and that there will not be a requirement to assess a minimum proportion of the course content.
We will be supporting you and your students every step of the way with the 2021 summer arrangements and we’ll be releasing more guidance by the end of March about how you can use all the available evidence to arrive at a student's grade.
You can find the support which we currently have available to support teaching and learning below.