Pearson Edexcel AS and A level English Language and Literature (2015)
Moving to Pearson Edexcel
Have you started teaching A level English Language & Literature with another exam board but are now considering moving to Pearson Edexcel? It's easy to start teaching our specification, and you'll find all the documents you need right here.
Why move to Pearson Edexcel?
- Entirely integrated for the skills of literary and linguistic analysis.
- One piece of fiction and one of non-fiction writing in the coursework assessment.
- Broad range of texts spanning Shakespeare to 21st century.
- Free copy of Voices in Speech and Writing: An Anthology for all students.
- A clear and easy to understand course structure.
- We’ve made sure our exam papers are student friendly; they’re clearly presented in sections with logical question styles – so your students can really show what they know.
- Our mark schemes have been designed to with equal AO weighting to ensure students focus on answering questions.
- Our AS and A level qualifications are co-teachable.
- We provide free face-to-face coursework marking training. Book your place.
- We also offer a coursework advisory service, which offers you the opportunity to look at student coursework and includes marks awarded and commentary.
- Each term, we run local networks which include training content. So far we’ve looked at coursework assessments and how to prepare students for unseen texts.
- Our mocks marking training pack also enables you to look at student responses to specimen papers.
Sign up to teach with us
Fill out our short Intention To Offer form so that we can keep you updated with all the latest news.
Arrange a visit from one of our English specialists
Our knowledgeable English specialists are on hand to help you get to grips with the ins and outs of our specification. If you’d like a specialist to visit your school to discuss the practical delivery of the qualification, you can arrange an appointment using the form above.
Sign up to receive updates from our English Subject Advisor
For extra information and English-related news, sign up to hear from our expert Subject Advisor Clare Haviland. Clare is available on email@example.com if you have any questions, and you can also follow her on Twitter @PearsonTeachEng.
You can also explore our range of teaching and planning resources as well as our data packs on specific units, filled with materials and analysis on past papers.