BTEC Specialist qualifications Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry (L2) - 2015
Here you’ll find support for teaching and studying our BTEC Specialist level 2 Award for Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry. This qualification, accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF), helps boost learners’ career prospects by giving them the skills, knowledge and understanding that employers look for.
Units offered include conflict management and physical intervention skills within the private security industry.
- Qualification type:
- BTEC Specialist qualification
- Qualification title:
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award for Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry
- Level 2
- Accreditation status:
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH):
- Qualification number (QN):
- Eligible for funding in England for:
19+ (non-full level 2 or level 3 qualification)
- UK and international
- First teaching:
- Review date:
- Tue Dec 31 12:09:00 UTC 2019 ? This is the date by which we must have decided to extend, withdraw or replace a qualification.
Why choose this specification?
Door supervisors must hold a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work in the UK, but they need a relevant, SIA-recognised qualification to apply for a licence. This qualification allows door supervisors to apply for their SIA licence.
You can find details of the other requirements necessary to qualify for a licence on the SIA website.
People intending to work in England, Wales or Northern Ireland should take the BTEC Level 2 Award in Door Supervision (QCF), while those intending to work in Scotland should take the BTEC Award in Door Supervision (Scotland).