BTEC Firsts Equine Studies (2014)
Here you’ll find support for teaching and studying BTEC Firsts in Equine Studies (NQF). Through a combination of practical experience and written assignments, these vocational qualifications provide level 1 and 2 learners with the knowledge, skills and understanding needed for a career in the sector.
Units offered include equine health and welfare, equine husbandry, horse handling, equine behaviour and equine tack, equipment and clothing.
- Qualification type:
- BTEC First
- Qualification title:
- Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Equine Studies
- Qualification framework:
- See the latest information on accountability measures
- Level 1/2
- Accreditation status:
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH):
- Total Qualification Time (TQT):
- Qualification number (QN):
- Eligible for funding in England for:
Pre-16 (EFA funding),
16-18 (EFA funding)
- UK only
- First teaching:
- Review date:
- 31 August 2017 ? This is the date by which we must have decided to extend, withdraw or replace a qualification.
Options evenings and open days
Advising students and parents on their options? Explore our BTEC case studies, guides and posters.
Assessment and results
Results support and post-results services