Sport update - July 2022
An update on everything new within the Sport and Physical Activity sector.
Sport For Development Coalition
We are pleased to share that Pearson BTEC Sport & Physical Activity is part of the movement.
“The UK-wide movement of more than 200 charities and civil society organisations, leagues, clubs and networks. Over-arching thousands of projects and programmes intentionally using targeted interventions to tackle key health and societal inequalities.”
Explore Sport For Development Coalition
‘Retrain to Retain’ initiative
For those providers offering or interested in BTEC qualifications that map to CIMSPA professional standards, it may be advantageous for you to familiarise yourself with the ‘Retrain to Retain’ initiative. Centres that are either CIMSPA Employer Partner or Training Provider Partner would be eligible to access
- Training needs analyses are conducted with the Employer Partners and their training needs are matched to the available qualifications and CPD – accessing the above courses
- Or where Training Provider Partners, you have access to registering to become a delivery centre. You will then be matched where individuals or employers apply for Pearson endorsed qualifications.
This includes our level 2 Sport industry Skills suite:
- BTEC Level 2 Sports Industry Skills (Instructing Circuit Training)
- BTEC Level 2 Sports Industry Skills (Instructing Exercise in a Gym Environment)
- BTEC Level 2 Sports Industry Skills (Leading Children's Sports Activities)
- BTEC Level 2 Sports Industry Skills (Recreation Assistant)
For support or questions around the initiative please contact firstname.lastname@example.org