Business Skills Update September 2017
This month's update for Business Skills
Customer Service Practitioner New Apprenticeship Resources
In addition to our comprehensive end-point assessment specification we are delighted to confirm that our digital resource package to support delivery and assessment of the new standard are now available for customers to purchase.
The resource package includes videos and practice assessment materials to support learners in preparing for the end-point assessment (EPA) at the end of their 12 month programme of learning.
For the apprenticeship training provider/formative assessor, these resources will:
- Offer structured activities that can be adapted to support the EPA process and the learner
- Include videos to demonstrate the observation and the professional discussion
- Link to the standards for Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
- Help identify pass and distinction levels
- Include exemplar materials for each module
- Allow the tutor/formative assessor to make their own judgements on how resources will be used given a non-prescriptive approach
- Help to prepare the learner for all elements of the EPA
For the apprentice, these resources can be used to:
- Explain how to prepare for and take part in the EPA
- Help organise their evidence as part of the apprentice showcase
- Provide insight on what is expected during observations
- Guide professional discussions
- Support the creation of an on-programme reflective journal
Business Administrator New Apprenticeship Standard
The new Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard for Business Administrators is now approved for delivery.
Pearson will be engaging fully with this new standard and further details around on-programme and end-point assessment services will be communicating in future Insight newsletter updates.
Customer Service Specialist New Apprenticeship Standard
Throughout July and August 2017, Pearson has been working in collaboration with the Customer Service Apprenticeship employer group to refine the Level 3 apprenticeship assessment plan in readiness for submission to the Department in September 2017.
We look forward to communicating the outcome of the submission in due course.