Top 5 FAQs
Your top five questions for the summer term answered:
1. Will there be new NQF-accredited BTEC specifications in land-based subjects for 2013-14?
No, there are no new NQF-accredited specifications in land-based subjects in development at this time.
2. Will BTECs in land-based subjects count towards headline measures?
No, unfortunately these qualifications will not count towards 2014 headline measures. However, we are considering redevelopment for future lists. They still count in broader performance measures and carry the same value in achievement and progression terms for individual learners who want to study and progress in these vocational areas.
3. When do the 2010 BTEC Firsts and Nationals in land-based subjects (QCF) expire?
Pearson BTEC Firsts and Nationals in land-based subjects (QCF) are currently accredited until 2015 in line with other BTEC suites; however, we also have Sector Skills Council support for these qualifications through to 2017.
4. What are 90-credit Diplomas in land-based subjects?
90-credit Diplomas are new one-year BTEC National qualifications complementing the current qualifications offered in Agriculture, Animal Management, Countryside Management, Forestry and Arboriculture, Horticulture and Land-based Technology that we're preparing for first delivery in autumn 2013.
5. What's new to BTEC Firsts in Agriculture?
We're seeking regulatory approval for new Level 2 10-credit Dairy and Beef Cattle and Level 2 Sheep Husbandry units for use in our Level 2 BTEC Firsts in Agriculture. These should be available for delivery from autumn 2013.
Land-based Studies Subject Specialist